Central Vermont Country Inn for Sale
This central Vermont Country Inn for sale is sure to attract your attention! The desirable Vermont lifestyle awaits the buyer seeking a profitable country inn in an idyllic small-town Vermont setting! Let’s start with the numbers:
- Gross Revenue Multiplier of 2.4…WOW!
- Cap Rate of 13.9%…WOW!
- A healthy 6 figure bottom line…WOW!
The Vermont country inn for sale near Lake Champlain has it all and the financials are only the beginning! Vermont is synonymous with country inns and cozy fireside bed and breakfast experiences. The Shoreham Inn is a perfect example and the business is enhanced by the popular common rooms which offers a warm and inviting atmosphere, good food and drink, and flowing conversations between locals and visiting guests.
The Inn has become a destination in the quaint town of Shoreham.
Location is key. The Inn is only 15 minutes from Middlebury (with its active college) and minutes from the southern shore of Lake Champlain, the largest freshwater lake in the East. Shoreham and the surrounding countryside is a dynamic postcard picture-perfect Vermont country town that has attracted acclaimed businesses.
- Tata Harper Skincare and WhistlePig Rye Whiskey in Shoreham.
- Woodchuck Cider House, Appalachian Gap Distillery and 3 breweries in Middlebury.
- A growing number of food and liquor-related businesses, creating value add and partnership opportunities for incoming owners of the Inn.
Vermont has always drawn visitors and this central Vermont Country Inn’s location draws its share.
- Cyclists love the challenge of Vermont’s back roads. The Inn hosts many tours in the fall.
- Fishing and boating adventures include a ride across Lake Champlain via the historic fort Ticonderoga Ferry.
- Visiting century-old dairy farms, apple orchards, cheese makers and vineyards winding through the countryside known as the “Land of Milk and Honey”.
The Inn features 10 guest rooms; seven in the main building that have retained an authentic country Vermont character. Three luxury contemporary loft-style suites complete the room choices. The common areas include comfortable gathering spaces to meet and greet in the open hearth dining room, or on the open deck enjoying the fresh Vermont county air.
The owner’s quarters include a comfortable open area with a fireplace next to the fully equipped commercial kitchen. In addition, there is a separate private living room with three bedrooms and bath.
The Shoreham Inn is a member of the Vermont Green Business Program.
The Inn is a designed Green Hotel, offering eco-friendly amenities, and employing practices that are more sustainable for the environment.
The current owners have enjoyed being keepers of the Shoreham Inn’s lodging business and are now ready to move on to other ventures. New innkeepers can take an established and growing business and make it their own while enjoying a vibrant community and much sought-after lifestyle.
The Shoreham Inn, a central Vermont Country Inn for sale near Lake Champlain, is offered exclusively by the Vermont Broker of Record: Barrett & Valley Associates, Inc.